Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family warm during the Naples winter. If you already called Speedy Air Conditioning for your annual check-up, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 239-244-3439 to get one on the calendar.
There are plenty of straightforward things you can do in between pro tune-ups to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters often and clean or replace them when recommended. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and preserve peak efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are accessible for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up near your outdoor unit or litter has accumulated, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat often to confirm that it’s working appropriately. Just turn it on and gradually raise the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call Speedy Air Conditioning at 239-244-3439 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!