On average, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Depending on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, how many pets you have, and how often your air filter has been changed, to name a handful—you may need to have air duct cleaning
more or less often. So, how can you tell for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are definitely some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns caked with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a blockage in your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers blowing out dust?
- When you gaze inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents found shelter in your ductwork?
- Can you hear clatter other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have less airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask Speedy Air Conditioning in Naples about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and lengthen the period of time between professional cleanings.
Mostly importantly, schedule annual HVAC maintenance with the specialists at Speedy Air Conditioning. A tune-up of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should comprise of inspection, and prospective replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system running effectively, and will help keep your ducts clean.
You can also talk to the team at Speedy Air Conditioning about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other actions you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Examining your air filters habitually and exchanging them when the manufacturer recommends exchanging them. Most filters will present dust on them after a short period in service, but they may not need changing.
- Sealing leaks in air ducts that permit dust to move in from areas like your attic.
- Trading poor or impaired air-duct insulation.
With a specialized air duct cleaning and some preventive measures, you can help keep the air in your Naples home clean and healthy. Give the professionals at Speedy Air Conditioning a call at 239-244-3439.