With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can trim a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could dramatically heighten your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Speedy Air Conditioning specialist perform air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system working at its best for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify potential problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Speedy Air Conditioning a call at [[phonenumber]].