Summer weather in Naples can be brutal. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility bills. We’ve assembled some tips to help you out.
The best thing you can do to stay comfy and ensure energy efficiency is by maintaining your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® recommends keeping your system operating dependably and efficiently, and Speedy Air Conditioning is able to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to operate longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to ensure correct and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure proper system airflow.
Another critical piece to keeping cool is consistently looking at your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter can boost energy bills and damage your equipment, leading to premature failure. Our Speedy Air Conditioning professionals will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to arrange your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are a few other tips to keep your home comfortable and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to make sure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the night air cool your house for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a bit higher than you routinely would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another kind of fan people often forget about when they’re trying to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can increase the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Speedy Air Conditioning at call at 239-244-3439 or request an appointment with us online.