Whether you enjoy winter or desire the warmer months in Naples, most of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Look at the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be replaced. We recommend at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The professionals at Speedy Air Conditioning can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Speedy Air Conditioning in Naples a call to begin. Contact our team at 239-244-3439 or arrange an appointment with us online.