Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Naples during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Speedy Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Speedy Air Conditioning at 239-244-3439 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.